1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Attn: Added Touch

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Mick, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

In another post you asked a question directed to me:

Hi Mick,

I couldn't figure on how to send to you directly concerning your post in this thread, so I hope you excuse this. I am looking for some feedback on pricing ... here is my question, You mention a resedential client that you have for aprox $400 a seasnon. I s thsi a typical client or would you say a higher end client? Also is this seasonal based on 12 visits? If you wouldn't mind reading and responding to my post in the New to the Industry Forum , I would greatly appreciate your experienced feed back. Also if you could point me to a seasonal contract sample that would be amazing

No problem, glad to help if I can.

Yes, this is a pretty typical client. But this person doesn't want the hassle of monthly billing and would rather know his costs up front than wonder what it's going to cost each month. We get average snowfall of 76". With a three inch trigger, I figure plowing equivalent of 12 pushes per year. This takes into account that some snowfalls are more than others. But the average customer would have paid an amount equal to pushing 3-6" 12 times per winter. This way of calculating is not the same as saying "12 visits". If anyone wants, let me know and I'll explain it using an example. On the flip side - for this particular customer, there is no "blizzard clause" - absolutely unlimited plowing. Every day of the winter, if necessary. But he is paying quite a bit for this provision. He knows it and that's what he wants.

Last year, I won. This year may even things out.