1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Attention to : RobHollar, about your used light

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowKid150, Nov 17, 2004.

1. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Hey Rob, I never got a chance to PM you the other day, and i am wondering what you are willing to sell the used lightbar to me for. ALso, is it a magnet mount or permanent mount? Thanks a lot man i will talk to you later.

Kevin

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Kevin,

Heres the bar that i have:
    http://www.star1889.com/6400h48inch.htm
    Its a 48 inch bar with 4 rotators and alley lights. Now im not gonna lie to ya she isnt pretty but i did work when i took it out of service. The only thing is it needs that i know of is a bulb for one of the alley lights. The bar is still in production so parts shouldnt be a prob should you need any in the future. The only other thing i can tell ya is a couple of the reflectors chrome flaked off so I put alum tape in its place and it did help. But this prob didnt effect its operation. I would like to get 70 bucks plus actual shipping charges for the bar. Let me know if your interested.....Rob

DSC0030.jpg

DSC0031.jpg

DSC0032.jpg

DSC0033.jpg

3. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Rob, Thanks for the quick reply. Anyways, I wanted to know if the Bar was a magnet mount or if u have to drill holes in the roof.... If it is a magnet i am interested if not, i really don't think i can drill holes in my 04 Ford's roof :)

Lemme know

Kevin

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

no its not a mag mount, it has clips that will hook over your rain guttar under the door jam. They do make certain mounts for differents trucks. Ill attach a pic of the mount and a pic of the cuerrent pic of the bar on my truck now. I peeled back the weather stipping so you can see just how it attaches...Rob

DSC0034.jpg

DSC0035.jpg

DSC0036.jpg

5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

If anybody wants it Pm me and lets talk...Rob

6. andersonbldrs

andersonbldrs Member

I am interested in this light bar. The mount is fine for me

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

andersonbldrs,

Let me make sure Kevin doesnt want it if not its yours....Rob

Kevin U want or not????

8. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Rob, thanks for holding out on me man. Will this light fit on my f250 super suty year 2004? if it will i will take it! Just lemme know maybe we need to exchange some measurements to make sure.

9. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Kevin,

I set in on my 2001 superduty work truck tonight after i got home from work. It looks like it should work but I will look at tomm morn and take some pics. Im not sure how the mount is gonna sit in the door jam so ill look at that tomm also. At the very most you might have to buy some longer bolts to bolt it on your truck. Lets see if we can get this worked out tomm sometime. Ive got 3 other guys who want this light bar from me if it doesnt work out for you....Rob

10. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Rob, If she fits, i'll take it! I really need a light and this one looks like it will be pretty damn bright for me. 12 volt cigg lighter right?

Talk to ya tommorow my man. thanks a million

KEv

11. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Rob, f he dosent take it give me a hollar and I will drive out there and get it

Nate~

12. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Kevin,

Ok I set the bar on my work truck and you will need to pick up a longer bolt so that it will reach. It apears that it will need to be a couple of inchs longer then what it is. The bracket will work but you may either have to bend the bracket or trim your weather stripping so it will work properly. Ill let you make that call. I dont think using a cig lighter plug will work on this bar. It would prob pull to many amps. You will have to wire in some type of dual switch. One for the rotators and one for the alley lights. Let me know what you think. If you still want it let me know and ill pm you my addy and the total with the shipping charges. And ill need your zip too......Rob

Nate Ill keep ya in mind and oh ya I have a brand new light harness for the truck light (meyer) lights including the harness for each head light too. If you want it let me know, maybe we can work something out...Rob

DSC0037.jpg

DSC0038.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004