1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATTENTION: Sending E mails from Lawnsite

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Jan 28, 2001.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

From now on, to use the option of mailing another member on Lawnsite, you have to be a registered member yourself. This will prevent "just anyone" from sending you a mail using Lawnsite. I hope this modification improves our enjoyment of Lawnsite.

2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Considering all that has happened recently..... this was a wise move on the part of Lawnsite powers-that-be.

Many thanks to Chuck, Chuck, Dino and the gang.....
  3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

We are now PUSHER proof!!!! Yah Hoo!!!

Good job guys. It was getting pretty bad with all those nonsense gibberish slanderous emails from him.

Thanks Again
  4. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Nice to be associated with a site that has responsible moderators. It helps us all take care of business better.
  5. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

I too received an unsolicited e-mail from a recent member-banished member-member-guest-nobody. I appreciate the change.

6. Vince Panaroni

Vince Panaroni Member

Nice job Chuck, your set-up for emails will eliminate these unwanted remarks etc.

the private message section works well also and you are to be commended for it also.

It is fun and informative to post data, information and well directed lightness to a forum, but there isn't room for rudeness.

Keep up the good work and posts of meaning will continue to expand our knowledge of this industry.

7. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

It was taking too long to read the way he typed,i.e. :

Wise Move Moderators! Thanks again!
    :) At least now I can see who's sending the hate mail :)
  8. plowguy06

plowguy06 Member
    from Ohio

even though it hasn't happened to me, it is great to have people in charge that care. At my school, we have similar problems with kids sending bad emails but all the teachers threaten to do is "take our accounts away"
  9. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I'd also like to point out, that when you get an e mail that is abusive, contains foul language, or offends you, you can always forward it to abuse@the person's ISP.

The more complaints an ISP gets about a customer, the greater the chance they will close that person's account.

So for instance, if you got an abusive e mail from someone with an xxx@msn.com e mail address, you can forward that e mail to abuse@msn.com .... for example.

The same holds true for lawnsite. If a member sends you an abusive e mail, forward it to support@lawnsite.com if it is in fact offensive.

Keep in mind that some mail programs can "mask" true senders, but ISP's like AOL and MSN can track the exact sender easily. As far as Lawnsite, you might notice that at the end of every post, it says "IP Logged".... that means your "Internet Protocol" number is logged when you make a post. Internet Service Providers own blocks of IP numbers, so it is easy to trace what ISP you use. Just an FYI.....