1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Attention Kansas City Area Salt Spreaders...

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by repo_man62, Oct 2, 2007.

1. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

This is NOT a advertisement.... just trying to help out fellow plowers. If I had a spreader, I'd probably already be there.

Bulk Highway Salt Loaded during the storm
    Reply to: sale-437512896@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-10-01, 8:12PM CDT

Bulk Highway salt for sale by the ton. Open during and after winter storms. Call today to set up a credit card account for the winter. 913-207-1493

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

thanks repo man

3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

salt

hi repoman how much is your salt i pay $62.50 per ton delivered from North American Salt Company to south of K.C. 1.5 hrs, and i use about 50ton per year. i have a salt bin and take it all at once can you beat that price i would be glad to do buisness with you
    Thanks

4. Jay brown

it's not repoman's it was an ad on "crraigs list" they want $70 per ton and you haul. it's more of a set up for contractors whom do not have bins. do you have a # for your distributor? i might want to use them up north here. thanks

5. powerjoke

6. Jay brown

thanks!...........

7. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Who was that supplier in the first link? Link's no good anymore. I'm getting tired of my suppleirs tactics. He's gouging me @ every chance.

8. Jay brown

it was a middle man in the kc area.......try Lyons, independce, or hutchinson in KS

9. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I figured he was in the middle. I'm still working on a dumpster so I can buy 50 or so @ a pop. Just thought I'd try to find another supplier until I can figure out who sells the roll-offs & how much they are.

10. porterdan6

porterdan6 Junior Member

i need a ton in KC

I am looking to purchase 1 ton of saly in the KC area. I do primarily residential properties and am tired of paying $10-15 for a 50 pound bag. I am looking into buying 1 ton and storing it in an old building I have and then scooping into barrels when I go plow. Any ideas on the best place to purchase it, or is anyone willing to sell such a small amount? I do not need it delivered and would be mor ethan happy to come get it. You guys seem to know the most on here from our area. Thanks for your help.

11. belton

belton Junior Member
    from midwest

sams has 50 POUND bags for under $5:angel:

12. Jay brown

slat is VERY hard to come by in the KS/MO area now. every place in KS is holing tight and looks as if we will be getting ours in ST louis at $85/ton this time..

13. powerjoke

Jay, i just got off the phone with NASC and i complained about the last load from louisiana (wet) so they are bringing me a load tomorrow from st.louis but it is still $62.50 because it was contracted this spring

if you guys just want a ton or two i can sell it to you out of my bulk bin i have 1.5yd canister's just PM me i am in clinton

14. powerjoke

contact jerry at Roll-Off serice in harrisonville 816-380-5566 and tell him rick stunz told you to call him: but you are going to spend $2500 at least

15. Jay brown

thanks rick, we'll be getting a full load....i need to build a bin like yours next year, so i can stock pile 100 ton and not worry about it.

16. plowyouover

plowyouover Junior Member
    from 99012

I think we have had repoman re-invent himself as "Belton" on here... Anyone notice. If the new member isn't repoman who are you? If I'm wrong, sorry. but I think I may be right. LOL Check IP Sean.

17. porterdan6

porterdan6 Junior Member

interested

I may be interested in coming and getting a ton from you. I am new to this site and could not figure out PM's. Let me know the best way to get into contact with you.

18. powerjoke

I know we are not supposed to "feed the trolls" but.....

WHO IS WE? i think you mean YOU GUYS or maybe PLOWSITE. but not WE

BELTON: WE welcome questions from newcomers

OH' buy the way the nearest LOWE'S to BELTON is in..........HMMMM!!!! in the town of BELTON wich is what. 65miles away from eldorado springs....

EDIT: by the way "plowyouover" where are you located at:rolleyes: i am pretty sure you're not in washington;)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  19. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

will the real repo please stand up...or should i say roll over

20. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Raymore ;)