1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Attention any ford owners

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ColumbiaLand, Mar 5, 2009.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Hopefully everyone on here knows about the recent ford recall on the camshaft sensor of the 7.3 diesel, You should have received a letter in the mail from ford in you have a 7.3 in any Superduty. I called a dealer several days ago and they said just drop it off and it would take about an hour. Well I went to that same dealer today and they said that they were all out of the replacement sensors and it could be up to several months before they get more in because there are so many on back order so I would suggest you call your dealer asap. I was able to find another nearby dealer that had only 7 left and could do the recall work. So if you don't want your truck to just shut off going down the road call you dealer before they run out and you get stuck waiting!
  2. voyagerxii

voyagerxii Junior Member

Is this really a new recall? I had two trucks done last winter.

3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Just got a letter in the mail from ford last week for my 2001 F550. Were yours done by a dealer? People have had this problem in the past and just changed the sensor themselves. Its just in a bad location to try to reach your hand into.
  4. voyagerxii

voyagerxii Junior Member

The dealer handled it. Took five minutes while I waited. One of the trucks was cured of the shutting off problem, the other never had a problem but was done anyway. I know it was a recall notice because I remember reading it and thinking "so thats why this pos truck keeps shutting off for no reason".

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Ford's taking their good old time on this recall. I had a Ford parts guy tell me 6 months ago that they were on recall. He said they dropped the OEM price too.
  6. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Yep, recall has been going on for a while. Pretty easy to swap out yourself too.
  7. F-350PSD

F-350PSD Junior Member

I had mine done mid summer about 3 months after I got the recall letter. Personally I'd just run the one you have until it starts to crap out then get it replaced, you only get one free one. Either that or ask if they will just give it to you and throw it in the glovebox. Its an easy switch and that way you can swap it out as soon as you have a problem.
  8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

yes I got one about a month ago it was like 30 bucks cheaper the the auto stores...