1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Attack Angle

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mtfd774, Dec 9, 2012.

1. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

Does anyone adjust their attack angle on the 8' HD. Last year year i positioned it in the middle position and thought it scraped better in the top.
  2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

The previous owners of my truck and plow had welded in a 1/2" piece of stock between the moldboard and trip edge to get the angle of the edge up.

Honestly couldn't tell you if it makes a difference or not, but compared to my old Meyer Diamond blade with the trip edge and torsion springs, it seems like it scraps better as the meyer blade had a very sharp angle to it.

3. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

No kidding . I think i put it back to where i had it. Come to think of it i used the bottom slot
  4. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

Thanks for the tip
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Leaning the blade forward will improve scrape to some degree. But only when the blade is straight/square to the truck. When you have the blade angled you are going to quickly wear the leading end of the cutting edge. If its too far out of whack the trailing end wont even hit the ground. The a frame needs to be as close to parallel with the ground as possible for the best overall performance.
  6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The three holes are there to allow you to adjust the level of the a-frame for different trucks so that Fisher did not have to make a different a-frame for each truck brand / model. A-frame should be level with all weight of blade on ground (lift frame down) on a flat surface and with blade straight. This will insure that when you angle the blade (with a good stright edge) the plow will scrape along its whole surface.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Remember the A frame needs to be level when the truck is in plow ready condition.

I see a lot of units that have been set up in an "as driven daily" condition and the mounts are too high once the counterweight/ballast is loaded.
  8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's s good point and I'm sure a lot of people don't even think about that. I know I never did so I may check that out if it ever snows around here. Got a bad feeling this year is going to end up just like last year :(