1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Attachment Pin Height- TOO HIGH

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by FBNemo, Dec 27, 2010.

1. FBNemo

FBNemo Junior Member

If I remember correctly, the recommended height to mount the two attachment pins is 10"-12" off the ground.
    On my Jeep comanche, they are about 17"-18" from CL of pins to ground. I FINALLY noticed this weekend that when the blade is pivoted either left or right, the bottom of blade is not making 100% contact to the ground- only 50%. The upper and lower frame work is touching due to the higher pin height :confused:
    Without me reinventing the wheel, could some of you post up your pictures on how you might have LOWERED your attachment pins. I should be ok with a 6" drop. Don't want to overdesign something if you have already done your homework. Thumbs Up
    Thanks guys!

2. acornish

acornish Senior Member

i had this problem on my gmc, when i put in a lift kit, all i did was unbolt the side bolts got some 3/8 plates 4" wide and 4" long drilled holes and put new bolts on , it did wok out ok , i have since redesighned my whole mount since i now have a different setup
  3. acornish

acornish Senior Member

ok i lokked at the diagram of your mount- what i would do is , get 2 pieces of 3" x 5" for the sidesdrill holes out use grade 5 hardware then for the part that goes down on the inside get some heavy wall tube and cut to length use 6" grade 5 bolts through the tube and u should be ok- you could also weld the plates and tubes in place but that is up to you