1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Attachment Pin Height Question - Can it be Too High?

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by J-Quad, Dec 22, 2009.

1. J-Quad

J-Quad Member

If I recall correctly, the recommended height to mount the two attachment pins is 10-12" off the ground.

What could result if I have my two attachment pins located higher than that - say, 16-18" off the ground? :confused:

Will it damage my snowbear plow or will it just trip the springs quicker? :confused:

J-Quad xysport

2. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

Hello 16-18" is pretty high best to try it out and take it easy --I think it should work fine.

Thanks

Emmerich

3. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

Its gonna want to dig in on ya!

4. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Hope you aren't doing any gravel, you will scrape most of it away.

5. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

The Snowbear plow does not have nearly the weight of a commercial plow it may dig in on loose unfrozen gravel or dirt but on hardpacked gravel you will not dig in enough to cause damage.

Go slow and see how it goes if you are plowing a really soft surface you may need a pair of Skid Shoes.

Thanks

Emmerich

6. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

It's going to trip easier. It's also not going to "peel" up the harder packed stuff like it should The "attack angle" is fairly critical.

7. J-Quad

J-Quad Member

Yep, it does seem to trip pretty easy for sure.

I don't have a great need to peel up any hard packed stuff.
    Nearly all of my plowing is on gravel driveways, so once a hard-packed base was been established, then it just a matter of plowing the fresh snow off of the base.

With some practice and learned limitations, it seems to be working good for me.

Thanks for everyone's advice and opinions! :drinkup:

J-Quad prsport

8. FBNemo

FBNemo Junior Member

OPPS!!!! I thought mine was high but didn't realize HOW high until I measured them today. 18" - finish grade to C/L of pin. No wonder I took the crown off on my driveway the first time out. :laughing:
    I just have to get use to it on loose gravel or how for a good fronze base.