1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

attachment arm wont connect

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Perma Scapes, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Perma Scapes

Perma Scapes Junior Member

hi,
    my 7600 blizzard wont connect to the truck, by the attachment arm.
    after plugging in the wiring harness & using the side switch, the attachment arm wont go up and connect to the truck. (i have the switch in the proper position).

When I tested if it moved left & right, it did.
    I tried raising the plow & it raised all the way.
    I looked underneath & to my surprise it was connected.
    I thought that the attachment arm should have been hanging there,, but It was actually connected to the truck.
    I worked it for the night and all was good.

deciding to the remove the plow yesterday, the attachment arm did come off and release as normal (not from inside the truck)
    however it wont go back on unless im using the joystick in the truck to do so.

I also hear the motor working while trying to connect, but the cylinder isnt moving.

Any ideas?
    all hoses are good, fluid level is fine.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck for pwr at the power hitch switch.

3. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

1st: The plow needs to be plugged in with both plugs.
    2nd: The controller needs to be OFF for you to operate the switches on the plow.
    3rd: The front switch (plowing/off/arm) needs to be held backwards or towards the truck while moving the second switch.
    4th: The rear switch (up/neutral/down) needs to held up or down while holding the front switch.

If nothing happens then most likely one of the switches is bad ... my guess is the rear switch (up/down). To diagnose without extra parts: Since you know that the front switch works in the "plowing" position (you can run the plow with the control), reverse the plug on the back of the front switch. This is much easier to do with the switch out but sometimes removing the switch damages it, so use your judgement. Switch the switch on like if you were "plowing". This gives you constant power to the back switch. If the arm works, the front switch is bad. If the arm still doesn't work, most likely the rear switch is bad.

NOTE. You can always make the plow connect if the plow works from the controller. The "raise" function will move the arm up and pull the plow onto the truck.

4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

PH1 Plow Harness Schematic

If you are working on a PH1 ... which I think you might be after rereading your post ... then this should help.

5. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

hi guys
    thanks for all the suggestions.

I was out looking this over and figured
    to try some terminal cleaner in the plug.

I let that sit for a minute and put in some dielectric grease.

it must have been a dirty terminal connection as it
    starting working.

all is fine now.

thanks again for the prompt replies and suggestions.