1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Attaching SnoWay HELP!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Elohssa6, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

I had a Used snoway mounted to my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 a few weeks ago.....Everything works great and I am really happy with it.....

We had no snow predicted for a week or so so I took the plow off....

Now I cant figure out how to put it back on......I was able to get the bottom 2 pins hooked up....

The Upper/Middle pin is the one I am having trouble with....All the instructions say to push the light bar up and attach the pin, but I CANT get the light bar up....I have tried to put the blade on down/float, and every other combination and the light bar is STUCK down.....

The last time I had to lift the entire blade and motor ect, to get the holes lined up to lock the pin in place....

I know its something I am doing wrong but I dont know how to do it and cant figure it out...

What should I do?
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

hook up the wires and push the DP button and the headgear should raise up into place and you can then put the pin in.
  3. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

Wires are hooked up......I have a DP button but dont have DP.....I am pretty sure its a gravity down model....
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

What model number is it?
    With it in down, wires hooked up and the DP switch on the haedgear should raise.
  5. danskool

danskool Junior Member

That center pin can be a pain sometimes.. I put the switch in the down position(in the cab). Put in the two bottom pins. Sometimes i even have to pull the blade by hand to get those in. For that miserable center pin, i lift the light bar all the way up by hand. Even then the pin won't go in sometimes. Then i have either lean on the bumper of the jeep or grab the light bar main support bracket down low(round part) and lift. Lift hard and wiggle and wiggle.. Sometimes the pin just fall in. Other time i have to muscle.

Another thing to try that helped today and i might do in the future. I put the bottom pins in. Jumped in the cap. Raise the plow.. The light bracket moves away from the jeep.. I only go a little.. I pull the blade backwards with the jeep in reverse, a little, then forward a little.. Then i put the switch in the down position and jump out and grabbed and lifted the light bar and the pin fell right in. The reverse drag and forward push seemed to line things up better.

My switch on the head gear isn't working. Sometimes is does. I think the contacts are shot. Don't really use it. I need to get a new switch someday.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds like you need to adjust the light kit mounts.

There are 4 3/8 bolts that hold the lower mounts, where the two lower pins go.

Loosen them and mount the plow. raise the plow then tighten the bolts. it will fine tune the attack angle for the height of the vehicle. But if they get out of adjustment it makes it a real bear to get the unit on. sometime it's impossible
  7. danskool

danskool Junior Member

Good tip. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks. Maybe i can stop messing around with it. Hopefully it works for Elohssa6 as well.
    I just got used to it. Were to tug what to lean against, how to pull. Maybe that tip will make it all go away.