1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Atomic LEDs

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Strobesnmore, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

We have an install scheduled tomorrow for a set of Atomic LEDs and plan to take some video of the install as well as the lights outside (if its not pouring out). We are going to try to make a simple harness from 6 wire strobe cable which I think is going to make the install much easier. I'll post some pics when completed along with the video.

2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

that will be nice to see

3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Good idea with the strobe cable as a harness.

Wish i thought of that when i did mine....

4. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Will be waiting for the post...:mechanic:

5. Strobesnmore

I am going to try and get the video uploaded tomorrow. We ended up booking a second install that same day so had to rush the video but it will give you a good idea of what it takes to do the install. Overall very easy if you are good with electronics and have the ability. The lights were a simple swapout and using the 6 wire cable make it go much quicker. We installed the relay so the running lights kickoff when the warning lights are needed and the customer was very pleased.

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

NICE!!!! that was the only reason i didn't like those was how parking lights defeated half of the warning.....VERY interested in this...

7. Strobesnmore

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  9. firelwn82

Very nice. I want to put these on my 97' F-250. How technical do you think this will be? Considering it comes with almost everything you need I will have to relocate the holes to mount the lights but other than that it's all wiring. The truck is being repainted and in the spring anyway. I LOVE being undercover. I'm also a Firefighter and only 1 light is visible from first glance... :drinkup:

10. Strobesnmore

firelwn, not sure what holes you have to relocate as the lights are a direct replacement to your factory ones. The wiring is pretty simple what takes the most time is pulling headliner down to give you access and putting it back up. The install guide is easy to understand and you will need some misc. wire, an on/off switch, and a relay if you want your factory lights to shut off when you switch on the flashing mode.

11. firelwn82

So these light will fit the 97' year model that I have? I thought these lights were for the newer body style?

12. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

They probaly wont, I talked to one of the owners of the company last week and he told me that they were in process of some other applications and should have them out very soon if all goes well.

13. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Already done. And yeah, it's awesome. I think I've got a video somewhere...

about 50 seconds in...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  14. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

they need to make them now for dodge and chevy/gmc

15. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

They're coming very soon. Factory is working on them