1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Atomic led's

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by talus, Oct 27, 2010.

1. talus

talus Junior Member
    from R.I.

2. MarksTLC

MarksTLC Senior Member

Looks interesting. Lights for the Dodge, Coming Soon.....

3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Those look really cool. Whats the difference between the standard and professional series besides price?

4. talus

talus Junior Member
    from R.I.

To be honest I'm not sure. I just saw these for the first time today. I'd give them a call and find out. The guy that had these on his Ford also has one of the best looking W900's I've ever seen. Strobes and lights all over. It reminds me of flyng over Vegas at night.

5. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I just realized the professional series has more LEDs which makes them more "professional" apparently. I am seriously considering ordering a set. Anyone on here have these?

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Same with the Chevy/GMC :(

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Just put led bulbs in your cab lights and use an LED flasher. You'll be into it for under $50

8. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

I really like these lights and the last idea of led lights and a flasher. Wish I had links and step by step directions. I would do this.

9. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Who will be the guinea pig?! I am also looking into getting these.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

you can barely see them when the running lights are on.

11. cdcplow

cdcplow Junior Member
    from utah

were can i buy these
    ?

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Replacement LED bulbs can be bought on ebay for about $10, an LED flasher is about $25-.$35 from ebay and a bosh relay is about $5. I plan on doing this shortly when all the parts arrive. Greco helped me with everything needed.

13. CMA337

CMA337 Junior Member
    from MA

Ok so I have these installed in my truck. I bought the professional series. They are very bright and look awesome at night. I also had a relay hooked up so when I turn them on the clearence lights kill so they are brighter. Lights are worth it in my opinion.

14. gtmustang00

from Berlin

With them off, the clearance lights look the same as factory?

15. CMA337

CMA337 Junior Member
    from MA

When the running lights are on they are brighter than stock because each light has aprox 51 LED's in them. Not sure if that what you are asking?

16. boso_36

boso_36 Junior Member

need some help

i was thinking of buying some of the professional lights and am not sure what else i need or how to hook them up???

17. SgtSuper

SgtSuper Junior Member
    from MD

How did you hook them up? I have a set of the regular ones, ordered before I realized there was a different kind. Anyways I hooked em up and now they don't go on with my running lights or any other lights. I can get them to flash, but only if the lights on the truck are off - when the truck lights are on nothing on these works at all.

I have recon mirror leds and third brake light, maybe it's like the turn signals there's not enough resistance with all running lights being LED? Any thoughts appreciated.

18. Top Dog

Top Dog Member

we just put these in 7 of our supervisor vehicles and they are awesome

at first we did not like them since you could not rurn off running lights with flasher running but with my installer and atomic guy working together we figured out how to kill running light when you want them flashing and they look great!!!!!

19. gtmustang00

from Berlin

How did you do that? Want to let out the secret?!

20. Top Dog

Top Dog Member

I will ask my install guy honestly I have no clue but will update