1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

atomic led lights?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by lawnboy2121, Dec 18, 2011.

1. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Is anyone running the atomic led cab lights in a ford ? Just wondering how bright they are when they are flashing and how hard they were to install
  2. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

There is a video up right now in the thread dissociative does great work
  3. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

only trick to install is on 2007 or older you have to reverse the power and ground wires factory....or they don't work....

then add 2 diodes and you can make the mirror mod happen at the same time....
  5. whitee989

whitee989 Junior Member
    from NH

I just installed them on my 05 250. Still having some issues getting the running lights to turn off when the strobes come on. Atomic's instructions suck regarding the wiring diagram and how to wire up the relay. I got fed up after two days and had to put the project aside so I didn't break them.

Other than that, I think they look awesome and keep a nice clean look for the truck. The running light portion looks great. (Better than recon IMO)
  6. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

thanks for the replys
  7. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

Have the installed on my 2011 f350 and love them
  8. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Could you elaborate on the mirror mod some more.I`m planning to get the atomics for my F250 and would love to have the mirrors flash.
  9. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

I have them on my 2000 F350 (amber ones) and they are great. I have installed a few others with no problems. The wiring is very straight forward.
  10. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I have them on my 09 F250 and they work fine, easy to install. I have the same issue that my running lights don't turn off when the atomic LEDs are on.
  11. Loaderpusher

Loaderpusher Member

I installed them on my 2007 F-250 and they look awesome. While installing them I left one stock one on and turned the lights on to compare and the leds are a lot brighter. Installation wasnt bad just time consuming. I think it took me longer to find the damn wire for my upfitter switches than installing the lights. My running lights turn off when the strobes come on, so i am not sure why other people are having problems with it.
  12. whitee989

whitee989 Junior Member
    from NH

Atomic has two LED flasher modules in ciruclation. The older is a Whelen ULF44...It requires a seperate SPDT relay to be wired in to kill the running lights while the strobes are on.
    They also have the new Atomic Flasher with has a Running Light (RL) in and and RL out. This flasher has the relay built in so is much more easy to install.

I'll be doing a full install write up after the holidays. Stay tuned!
  13. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I have found them to be effective at night, but not so much during the day.
  14. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

The flasher I have has the RL in and out and it still doesnt kill the lights when the strobe feature is on.
  15. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

i have them and think they suck during the day but are very nice at night
  16. whitee989

whitee989 Junior Member
    from NH

17. fire1brian

fire1brian Junior Member
    from NKY

Atomic LED

I just bought the atomic leds in red for my 08 F350. I do not have cab lights now, I will have to drill and wire them myself. Any words of advice, before I do.
  18. Dissociative

email me...................
  19. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I hope things have settled down a bit at home ---

I too have been busy -- I'll give you a call in a day or so...
  20. Dissociative

if you did reverse the + and - in the harness then that may be why....in the newer trucks you DO NOT reverse the factory + and - BUT...in the pre 2007? trucks you have to reverse them..

otherwise we need to verify the flasher unit it breaking the connection via a volt ohm meter...

Greco.....yea...hes doing real good now....thanks for asking...on my way tomorrow to gather parts for a "secret build" heheheheh..:mechanic: