1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Atomic LED Cab lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 20Silverado05, Feb 14, 2011.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

So guys I had to do it, I bought the led cab lights with the whelen flasher and put them in my truck the other night. All I have to say is they are pretty sweet nice and bright at night and definately an attention grabber. So here are some pics of the install. And a quick video.

Cab lights before
    [​IMG]

Atomic LED Cab lights.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 20Silverado05

3. 20Silverado05

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On my truck I had to switch power and ground going to the light heads for the leds to work . It mentions it in the instructions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 20Silverado05

5. 20Silverado05

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

How about a daytime video.

7. 20Silverado05

If i can get out there today at work ill take one

8. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

how about the video from a distance to see what other drives would see

9. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Subscribing. Had my eye on a set of those. Have to wait til the Dodge ones come out in March, but that gives me time to make my decision. x2 on the daytime vid, curious about that myself. Pretty cool idea though!

10. wastedwages

wastedwages Junior Member

Quick question, looking at the installation directions. Why are lights 3 and 5 hooked to the same trigger out of the flasher unit? Just seems like you would have the two outer or two inner light hooked to the same trigger from the flasher.

11. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

There are five lights and only four outputs on the Whelen flasher.

12. wastedwages

wastedwages Junior Member

I just think the the flash pattern would look funny having 3&5 hooked together. Why not like 1&5 or 2&4?

Just curious if there is a reason behind 3&5..

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  13. 20Silverado05

I will get a video up today i swear I will do it on lunch . Last night had some one drive it down the street with them on and they are seriously bright . like it almost looked like I had a lighbar on . as far as the flasher hookup for 3 and 5 idn why they did it. kinda wish it was a 5 channel flasher and they had a scan pattern like night rider.

14. 20Silverado05

Heres a day video the sun was on the truck at the time . Its hard to tell thru a cell phone video but they are very noticable during daylight.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-XH79TGJdYg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. 20Silverado05

16. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I think I like it! I'll definitely be checking those out when they come out with the Dodge version!

17. Inside Edge

Inside Edge Junior Member

They are a lot brighter as straight clearance lights I've noticed. On the highway they really illuminate the overhead signs as your approaching them. The profile projection of light is the biggest noticeable difference IMHO.

18. mrv8outboard

I think they are trying to get the Chevy/Dodge ones out next month. Then more neat things to come from what I here.

19. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

What else have you heard?

20. mrv8outboard

I think you could use a second Whelen flasher and sync them together. Then you would have an extra three outputs.