1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Atomic Flasher

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Cable guy, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Cable guy

Cable guy Junior Member
    from 01880

I just purchased 2011 F350 that came with Atomic cab Led with a Flasher PN# 01-026D121-000. Everything works fine with the exception of a couple of led lights out. The problem is the previous owner was a fireman and the leds flash red. When I shut them off the running lights turn back to yellow. My question is: How do I get them to flash yellow?

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like the first responder series, which is built to do that, since you mentioned the a few leds were out, I'd just buy a whole new kit instead of screwing with it

3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I believe you have to replace them with a different set that flashes yellow

4. rjk512

rjk512 Member

I assume they are two separate diodes in each housing, one for each color. If that is the case you'll need a new kit.

You can probably keep the flasher, it probably just plugs into whatever harness their kit comes with if it is the one Whelen manufactures for them.

5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

You can't run red in any state. Soooooo, given the led's are out just buy the new package. They should just be a roof swap. hard part of wiring is done.

6. Wicked Warnings

Wicked Warnings Junior Member

Or rewire them to flash the low side amber LED you already have....its a simple wire change

7. Wicked Warnings

Wicked Warnings Junior Member

Cut the HOT on all 5 parking OEM wires......rewire them to the Atomic flasher VIA 2 5pin relays and your done. % amber LED strobe and parking...i can elaborate more if needed.

I am here to help.