1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ATF over Blue stuff

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by countryboy, Feb 14, 2007.

1. countryboy

countryboy Junior Member

I had been using ATF in my mid 80's electric/hydraulic pump no problems. Switched to teh Blue oilk this year and my pump filter has clogged 3 times in the last week. Is the blue stuffnot made to be used in older pumps? I thought it would be water freezing in the filter but when I pull it out it looks more fiberus and doesn't melt quick like water usually does.

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I would only use the blue stuff in the newer Insta-Act and SEHP hydraulic setups. These are found in the MM1 and MM2 plows.

3. countryboy

countryboy Junior Member

Guess its back to the ATF, drian, flush, fill tonight.

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I would try and find a synthetic ATF or one that is made specifically for use in cold weather. Traditional ATF likes to get thick and heavy and does not flow very well in the severe cold. The Fisher EZ-Flow (Blue stuff) is great for this purpose, but unfortunately is not made for use in the older pumps.