1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

at what point do you move equip. back to your yard?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alwayz-plowin, Mar 4, 2010.

1. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

I thought this was a good question for you "big" guys (not really i mean big business guys w/ loaders and skids etc. ) :salute:
    What point do you bring all loaders back to your yard.
    today i passed a local high school where they used a NH compact loader the whole season they were loading it up on a trailer....few days later i passed the districts bus yard and the loader was sittin' there with the buses snow attachments off just the bucket. hmmm.. Are they prepping it for spring??
    honestly i dont know if it was rented it didnt have any proof (lettering/stickers) on it that made it look like it was so i think they own it..
    We still have snow coming though! This is MICHIGAN it could be 45* today then snow tomorrow :dizzy:
  2. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

sometime in april
  3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

^ Agree with above, second week of April!
  4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

April 2nd, busy day.
  5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I always wait till at least April 1st. You never know when Mother Nature is going to smile on us one last time.
  6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

April 15th for us. Sometimes a week sooner if the forecast allows us too.
  7. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Im going to pull my loader and pusher out on march 15, It is going to be almost 50 here all of next week. Lows are in the 40s
  8. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

I love how people see 50s in the forecast and all the sudden winter is over.....ive seen it 70 on a tuesday and by wednesday afternoon we have 15 inches of snow.
  9. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

yep....one nice day must equal no more snow
  10. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

no hurry for us.....late april.....don't want to be caught with our pants down.
  11. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

First week of April
  12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Never,I can get to anything any time of the year just in case we get another early snow in Oct. or a late Apr. snow.
  13. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

14. procut

procut Senior Member

I just let mine sit there all summer, nothing like free storage. If I need it for something, I know where I can find it.
  15. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Ooo I want a list of all the stores that you keep loaders at, I also want there weight, and if you could leave the keys inside too

UNCLETONY Junior Member
    from IN

Already moved my big pusher home. There shouldn't be any big snows left that smaller machines can't handle, so I figured I better get it home and service it. I still have skids and backhoes out and probably won't move them until first week of April unless I need to use them for other work. Of course everyone who owns there machines checks the forecast around the first week of April to decide. Those who rented usually can get away with using trucks by April.
  17. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

We got like 6" last April Like the 20th and it was heavy too
  18. plowbum

plowbum Junior Member

Billing during snow season

I would like to get some input on how some of you set up your billing for the snow season, do you bill out right after storms? standby fees? and how much time allowed for payment due to cost of operation during the snow season? On my contracts I bill out within 7 days and due upon reciept.
  19. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Start a new forum for that
  20. plowbum

plowbum Junior Member

I cant find where to start a new forum in this site help?