1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

At what point are you ready for spring?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowtoy, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

For me its time for spring when the snows are consistently heavy, and it just takes too long to get everything done. If its going to be 31 and snowing, just give me the extra few degrees to change it all over to rain so i can sleep in.:D
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

When the temp went below 80 last year!

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

About June 15th so July 4th is warm.

Then I am ready for winter again.
  4. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

about the first time you almost run some dumb ass over b/c its 2 in the morning its snowing like crazy, they are black dressed all in black and their walking in the street ohh wait that was the 2nd storm
  5. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

How about...now? I'm good, time for it to be over.
  6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

agreed .... give me 60* and im happy
  7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Not yet Id like to make a little more payup but I geuss I am kind of ready for spring
  8. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

im ready for spring, ive had enough break downs and damages for this winter! still making money off the seasonals though, about 95% of our accounts.
  9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boo Hoo,Icey don't want no more snow. :D
  10. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

If is going to be cold then it needs to be snowing but since it is cold and no snow it needs to warm up now so I can open up the ice cream shop.
  11. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

D@MN IT, i am not ready for spring yet, i expect another foot of snow at least!!!
  12. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Give me 60 and cloudy. Good weather to work every day in.

I don't mind snow, but you can only work 8 hours.

Summertime I can work 15-18 hour days, 7 days / week if I want.
  13. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Since I only do this for the money, cuz it was only fun for the first twenty years. I'd be happy if the nighttime lows stayed below freezing until at least Easter. I like when i gotta hurry up and melt it before the sun does. I don't really care for 40-50 degree temps while raining all spring, because then I have to work outside in the chit. Dress in layers, break a sweat, take layers off, get chilled, put layers back on...start it all over the next day w/ the same wet muddy boots I took off the night before, or put on the other pair that shrank.
    Yea, I don't mind riding it out...the longer the better, than it can turn 75+...Oh yea, I live in NE Ohio.
  14. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I usually want winter to last until april but this year I am ready for summer early. I do enjoy warm days in march though to head out on the late season ice and do some ice fishing in a T shirt.
  15. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Spring now, DO IT!!
  16. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Never ready:cry:. Want winter all 12months.
  17. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I am ready to put the plow away and jet the JET SKIS out
  18. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

I'm ready to get the mowers out. Alot steadier work...and it'll be time to get busy with hardscapes again too.
  19. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

Give me another month of snow and ill be ready to call it a winter. some of the biggest storms come in march.
  20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Never. Winter is my favorite season. I love plowing, ice fishing, snowmobiling, and other Winter activities.