1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Asv sr 80

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by luckylawnboy, Feb 2, 2009.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy Member

I rented this to move and pile snow at a tight Condo village. This was the most amazing thing I have ever ran. I could not get it stuck and it would keep climbing the snow piles. I really want to buy one just trying to find some other uses as we just mow lawns and plow snow.

DSC03405.jpg

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

That is a nice machine. Maybe you can talk to other general contractors, and have them sub work for you with the machine. Or get into doing hardscapes and lawn installs and such.

3. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

Great machine, what was the charge for rental on that guy? Also, don't forget the asv's are pricey and buying that thing also entails a pretty serious trailer to tow it around. A new PT-80 right now + trailer, you're talking 50 grand. But you could always use it as another plow vehicle, to offset the payments, and also you could grade and install lawns, if you don't do any landscaping right now, but do have lawn customers. Also next time try to rent it with a snow bucket, makes the work much easier.

4. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

awsome machine

The tree company i worked for over the summer purchased a new Sr-80 and that machine is amazing like you said you cant get it stuck and its really comfortable to operate, not to mention the two speed is scary fast

5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That looks like it would be some fun times.

6. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy Member

They told me I could buy it for $35,000 250hrs. When I rented it all they had left was a bucket that was really not as wide as the machine but it served the purpose. I have seen the snow buckets. Im sure they will move some piles. I really want to buy it.