1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ASV RC30 Quick Attach Plow Fabrication

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chuckwilk, Jan 11, 2016.

1. chuckwilk

chuckwilk Junior Member

Decided to maximize my Polaris ASL300 or RC30 by fabricating a plow set up for it. Used an old Standard Cast 7' Fisher Plow. Used ideas from around the forums such as the down pressure tubes and overall design. A little bit of welding, grinding, and painting later and this is how it came out. Pictures are chronological. Now lets just get some snow up here in the Northeast so I can try her out! Thanks for looking.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Good way to utilize old iron......

You may want to reevaluate the interface between the mount plate and the down pressure bars. The mount plate looks like it could get bent when too much down pressure is applied. Maybe add another plate (1/2" X 6" X mount plate width) on the mount plate to help displace the load.

3. chuckwilk

chuckwilk Junior Member

Hmmm, I never thought of that, I may go after that this weekend, it won't take me more than an hour with paint...Thanks for the advice.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

No problem...... That's what the forum is for...... along with some occasional banter too.

5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Did you install flow reducers in the hydraulic lines? I ask because I installed them on a 10' Fisher plow I just converted to by bobcat and I get horrible leaks at the hydraulic coupler. Im thinking the reduction on flow is forcing the hydraulic oil out, I might remove them and see if it still leaks.

I see you have cross over relief, I did not install that on this round...

6. chuckwilk

chuckwilk Junior Member

MatthewG,

I decided to try this set up without the flow reducers. When having my hydraulic system fabricated at our local shop I brought up the very problem you were talking about. They agreed that if the reducers are set too high, sometimes is causes stress on seals and couplers and other parts of your system. I would take the reducers off, put it back together, and run it to check if that solves your problem. I noticed a bit of reduction with the installation of the crossover relief and different sized hoses. Keep me updated if you do try it, I am interested to see how it works out as I am currently fabricating a second blade for our other machine. Best of luck. -Charles