1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Association Road bid in NH - need local knowledge

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by murphm7, Oct 15, 2009.

1. murphm7

murphm7 Junior Member

So I'm working on a bid for a Homeowners Assocation-maintained road in 03254 - north central NH. Road is about 1000 ft long, 20ft wide well developed gravel road, with culdesac at the end, 7 driveways off the road (quoted seperately - I'm all set on what to quote the drives), and a 100x70ft area in front of a shared storage barn that also needs to be plowed. Plenty of places to store snow. Quoting snow removal and sanding as needed, seasonal contract. The road is mostly flat except for one hill near the middle of the road, not a big deal.

I figure 12-16 plowable events per year, sanding needed after most of them (icing is very common in this area), might need to bring in a loader (rental) 1 or 2 times max over the winter to move snow if we have a heavy season. $200 a push would probably work fine to cover costs/overhead/profit/etc, so I am currently going to quote $640/mo x 5 mo season, or $3200.

I'm pretty good with estimating driveways, but this is new to me. Am I in the ballpark on this or out of my head??

Any help appreciated. Thanks