1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Assistance with a bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Lawn_Enforcemen, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Lawn_Enforcemen

Lawn_Enforcemen Junior Member

i know ill probaly get hammered for asking but....

Im thinking about subbing out a snow removal/ salt deal for an apartment complex I just got the contract for mowing and he is wanting a price on just Salt. He has a bobcat on site to plow. So with approximately 478k Sq feet(478,000) How much is a going rate or average. Also is there a formula to use to calculate how much salt it takes per 1000 sq feet. I know it depends on snow, wet snow, ice and all that good stuff. But just curious.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

3. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

if im figuring right it 's somewhere around 4 3/4 ton.
  4. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

I figure all my salt at 17 pounds per 1000 square feet. From what I have read on here most people figure 15-20. So with that calculation a little over 4 tons should get it done. The next logical question is markup, I usually do a 250-300% mark up. This year with high prices I am just doing a 200% markup.

Hope this helps.