1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Assembly/Installation Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bad Luck, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

For you guys that install yourself, or install for a living. Do you normally tighten everything down to proper torque specs with a torque wrench, or just use an air ratchet??

Also, those who have installed Fisher's before, any tips, tricks, advice other than follow the directions?

Thanks guys,
    Bad Luck

2. Plowguy99

Plowguy99 Junior Member

We just zip 'em with the air impact.

3. Torque specifications are there for a reason. Certain grades can only be torqued to certain pounds. If a bolt is tightened beyond the specifications, it has a better chance of shearing off, even these grade 8 ones. I would recommend that you spend the 80 bucks to get a torque wrench if you don't have one. it could save you alot of headaches in the long run. :nono:

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

The few times i have helped with installations, we used a torque wrench and tightened everything to the proper specs.

5. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

use locktite

6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Blue or Red?

7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Use a torque wrench........

8. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

Use Both A Torque And Loctite

9. I just torque them down to the proper specs and of course check them regularly. The nuts I use have a nylon insert which makes loc-tite unecessary.

Curious, what do the different brands require to torque the mounts to the truck frame? Do any brands differ or are they pretty much the same?