1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aspen Equipment Bloomington MN

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Green Grass, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I was wondering if any one has used aspen equipment in Bloomington MN. I was in the process of buying a plow from them and they sold it out from under me :realmad:. Just wondering if anyone else has used them and what they thought of them?
  2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Ive only heard bad things about them also. I hear Crysteel Equiptment in Fridley is much better. what kind of plow are you buying?
  3. Green Grass

I was getting a western mvp from them and I told him I would take it last thursday morning but I couldn't pick it up in till this week so then he sold it last thursday afternoon he didn't tell me in till today that he did it
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Abes is exactly right on this one, the best Western dealer I've dealt with here in Minnesota has been Crysteel.

They'll match prices, trouble-shoot and just give all around good advice to you after you become a customer.

5. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Sounds like you should have put a deposit on the plow.
  6. Green Grass

I was going to give him a credit card to put the whole plow on but he told me to just wait in till I came and got it
  7. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I've had very good luck with Smith Winter Products. They sell Western and Boss.

10960 County Road 81
    Maple Grove, MN 55369

(763) 493-3332
  8. Green Grass

Where are they at??
  9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What are you talking about? He posted the address :confused::dizzy:
  10. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

smith winter products is the only plow shop worth a @#$% noone else even comes close to their service.
  11. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

These business that treat customers like crap, I wonder if they ever think that customers talk to each other or these customers go on that thing called internet and discuss there business practices.
  12. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

Aspen knows where their bread is buttered. They often will 'hose' the little guy for one of the big customers.

Crysteel and Winter are both good choices.
  13. plowdog

plowdog Member
    from MN

Aspen is definately a truck builder for cities/ counties and aims their business towards them. They also supply alot of smaller plow retail shops with parts since they are cheaper. Crysteel is hands down more oriented to the Joe snow plower but parts prices are higher I have found.
  14. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I bought my first plow from Smith. I experienced the same thing that the OP encountered with Smith but Larry (the owner) made it right and got me the same plow with a better pump the same day I was suppose to pick up the original one I was gonna buy. All though it seems like he runs hot or cold, some days you get great service from them and some days not. I happened to catch him on a good day. just my .02

You might want to consider checking out Plow World in East Bethel, Chris will hook you up. I bought my last plow from him and had a great experience.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  15. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a sander from Aspen one year, last time I ever called them about anything.

I now buy anything and everything from Chris at Plow World.

He gets all his stuff from Crysteel, but pretty much sells it at about $100-200 over his cost.

This time of year, if he's got something laying around, you can get a heck of a deal on it.

He probably knows a guy or two that has a plow or two sitting around that are looking to sell them.

16. Green Grass

well I called plow world and they where $700 more then Crysteel.
  17. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

It pays to make a few calls and to shop around.
  18. deadogwalkin

deadogwalkin Member

I don't know if you bought that plow already but the fellas down at Stonebrook in Minneapolis have always been real good to me. I bought a new Blizzard last Fall and they were very fair with me.
  19. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, I forgot about StoneBrooke.. they're VERY VERY top notch.... I just switched because it was a drive to get down there.
  20. Green Grass

Stonebrook sell western??