1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

As Much As Possible

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Tank, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Tank

Tank Junior Member

Very new to the business as this is my 1st yr. Need to know everything I must do to get this small business rolling, and I do mean everything................insurance......irs..........lawyer.........the whole shebang!!! And what I am using is a 04 F250 supercab lng bd 4x4 w/ the 5.4. the plow will be the Curtis 3000. Not looking to make a killin just a lil extra cash. Thanx.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Wow! That might be a tall order wanting know everything in one post that took people years to figure out (and still learning). I would suggest first going through the search feature (second blue bar above) using keywords "business", "insurance", and anything else that comes to mind. There is simply no way anyone could possibly include everything you need to know. There'll always be something he forgot. But I will tell you (kindly) that the first mistake is thinking "Not looking to make a killing just a lil extra cash". Lot better ways for the money that'll be involved. Don't believe me? Look at my join date and number of posts. I've been doing this for awhile (and others here have been at it a lot longer).

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Than forget the Lawer, IRS, Insurance...:D Seriously, snow plowing as a business is not cheap. With everything legit you will find that most people must charge $125 per hour to stay ahead of the game.

4. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Mick is on the money. Do a search. However, if you are totally new with no plowing accounts, then contact Bob Crayton. He is around Cleveland and does a lot of plowing. He may be able to subcontract some stuff to you or at least point you in the right direction on that side of the state. I just inked a deal with him today for a Rite Aid in Lima. Don't know how it will work out yet, but I think he seemed honest enough to do business with. I do not know him real well, but I do know he says he does a lot of work over there. You did say NE Ohio as to your location. Good luck!