1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Articulating Ford F-15000

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IA Farmer, Jan 5, 2013.

1. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

2. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Sorry I meant to put this in the off topic section. Mod please move if needed.
  3. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

nifty but it seems like a waste of time/effort/resources. It's a truck body and engine atop of a 4wd tractor chassis/axles/wheels/tires/hydraulics. No suspension travel and seems to have a very poor power/gearing setup. It is NEAT but even less practical than a traditional monster truck or just a regular lifted truck. It is a show piece and will level a car but seems like it would be almost no fun, the ride and handling would be lousy compared to any other setup I can imagine, and it still doesn't seem to have enough power to be impressive. As a youtube comment suggested, I agree with, the tires may be liquid filled which is nifty for smashing a car but it makes every problem I suggested about 10 times worse than it would be with air only tires.

it's still really cool I just don't understand why they did it maybe the tractor engine was grenaded and the sheet metal rotted out, or maybe just someone with more money than talent or just wanted to do something different. More power to 'em. Thank you for posting the vid anyway :)
  4. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

I don't really care that it was worthless at crushing cars. BUT I think it would be awesome to be driving down a country road and seeing that huge ford truck dragging a 10 bottom plow.ussmileyflag
  5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

someone has alot of time and $ in that truck
  6. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

seen that video funny ... good idea just a lil rough riding