1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Article about stolen plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by crossboneracing, Feb 3, 2009.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I was unable to follow fully but are they stealing municipal blades or Commercial/residential blades?
  3. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

I saw a similar story on RI news. Scary sh!t
  4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I leave mine attached to my trucks from October till May. If they want to steal them, then they either have to take the whole truck, or take the time to remove it first. Of course I don't use my plow truck for anything other than plowing so I have that going for me.
  5. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

Where are people leaving these blades when they are having them stolen? My plow is either on my truck, or at my home/shop. If someone is stealing your plow at your HOME, you have way bigger issues with your neighborhood than I would be willing to deal with. I would never leave my plow say, in a parking lot.
  6. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

It must be bad was on my news tonight. MA and RI are the top two spots. Stealing both res/mun. News does travel. Lock'em up boys
  7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

They must be making the rounds and have finally gotten to the East Coast. Think we had over 15 lifted from the West Mi area at the beggingin of the season. They were actually moving other plows to get to the ones they wanted.
  8. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

when I saw it on the news, I heard they were taking trucks, removing plow, then leaving truck as is minus the plow.
  9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah that was in attleboro. they were ripping off dealers. I heard it on the news tonight on the radio. They said to paint your plow with your name on it or something, I got a friend who is an excelant Tattoo and Free hand Artist. I plan on getting something painted ont he front of mine so its different. Plus I will etch my name into it somewhere on pump and frame. Just gota figure out what is best type of paint to use on Stainless Steel and can stand up to plowing.
  10. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I can't believe lowlifes stealing stuff like that. They should just take and cut the hands right off all the plow stealing scum bags.
  11. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

There must be alot of plows only forsale on craigslist!
  12. Upper5percent

Upper5percent Member
    from USofA

Unless they are being stolen for SCRAP...:(
  13. Mowtivated Lawn

Mowtivated Lawn Junior Member
    from Toledo

Sad thing is that we are out busting our butts trying to make an honest living, pay for these thieves housing and food and what do we get in return, stolen equipment. Even if they are caught get a slap on the wrist. Bet letting a plow down on there arm if caught would solve their desire to steal, LOL, j.k would never do that.
  14. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

what if it happened by accident. i mean those things happen, like a freak accurance or something ;)
  15. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Or, if you have on, you might be able to use an arc welder and run a bead to stencil your name or whatever on it.

"Whoops, was that the Down Pressure button I hit after my plow *accidently* fell on your arm?"

I hate hearing stuff like this. I can't explain how angry it makes me to know that there are lowlifes out there stealing plows. PLOWS, for God's sake! Scrap's not even that valuable now! I could get, at most, like $50 for the old Meyer off my K20, probably about 600#.
  16. rednekk frank

rednekk frank Member

Over this past summer, maybe. Right now, you can't give scrap away.
  17. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine had his snowblower stolen a few years ago, it was a 3 point hitch type and was hooked on the back of the farm tractor, when my friend went to leave for work the next morning he noticed it gone off the tractor. The night it was stolen no one heard a thing in the night and he also has neighbours that live a hundread feat away on both sides of his house and they never herd anything either.

When someone want's something bad enough, they will get it no matter how hard we try to protect it.