1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Artic Trucks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Nov 20, 2000.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

This is a little odd. I wonder how much suspension travel these trucks have? It doesn't look like much.

http://www.arctictrucks.is/vehicles_44_conversion_cruiser70.htm

This one is a 44" conversion Landcruiser. They do all different conversion. Seems they build artic rescue vehicles.

They are based in Iceland. One of my Nesletter subscribers sent me the link.

~Chuck

2. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Yeah back when I had a CJ7 and was reading all of the off road mags there were quite a few articles about these trucks,the guys drive those things to places that are just amazing.They used to have pictures of their engines compartments just jammed full of blown snow, to the point that the engine would no longer turn over.Alot of guys in iceland seem to have those.As for the suspension travel,seems it would only go as far as the fenders,but i think they are looking more for snow flotation so they can traverse glacers.