1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Artic trouble

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by icetea, Dec 9, 2010.

1. icetea

icetea Junior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help. I am trying to fix an older Arctic Snow plow with very little information. The plow will not raise. The pump operates but no movement at all by plow. The switch is activating the up solenoid and you can hear it click but the cylinder will not raise. Left and right work fine. If I lift the cylinder up, I can get the down to operate fine also. Just no up! It has a Delta Power Hydraulic Co. pump, model #850040TF I can't seem to find any manuals or information anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas or possibly any source for getting info for these older units? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

find the coil that gets power for up. remove the coil and take the valve out. shift it with a screwdriver in the open end. should move about 1/8". if it doesn't the valve is stuck.