1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Artic Sectional Box Plow

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by JD Dave, Aug 8, 2008.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone have some real life experience with them. I bought a 12ft and a 14ft and Neige bought a 16 ft. I think were both wondering how they scrap the hard pack and stand up to abuse. So who's ran one for a season or more. http://www.sectionalplow.com/sectional-sno-plow/

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

That plow looks pretty stout. Curious as to how much one of those bad boys costs?

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

i think i remember someone on here last year talking about these. It seems like a great product

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a 12 ft light duty for $5270 and a 14ft LD for $5865. There were preseason prices at Sima.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I watched JD bargain for those plows ,he's a Canadian Monty Hall!:D

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice buy JD. i know youll post some pics.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

i have been subbing for them for 7 years,know alot about the pushers (think i do). they are chicagolands largest contractor. all they do is snow,snow,snow, they make a petty kick ass plow. one thing i don't understand is what u mean "light duty". maybe something new this year?? or just differt wording. i seen these plow take abuse and abuse and keep going. the weak (if u can say that) r the rubbers just have some spares we run (guess) aleast 100 boxes on thier equipment i herd very lil about break downs.(we run group nextel radios). heres a pic of 1 with the grandkid having fun. what do u want to know ???

8-6-2007-01 (Medium) (2).jpg

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

cant wait 16 weeks

8-6-2007-03 (Medium).jpg

8-6-2007-16.jpg

9. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

Yeah I run a 10ft skid steer. Solid hard working piece of equip. They stand up great to abuse and cut through snow and ice down to pavement in my experience.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's good to know. The light duty are mainly for SSL and backhoes. I just wanted to hear from someone else other then Arctic themselves. I pick them up in Sept so not long now.

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Dave. I just picked up 3 10ft models. It better F@#$ing SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.

12. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

Sectional Plow - WOW

All I can say is this is the best plow I've used and a real time saver!! I ran the 10' sectional plow on my S250 and loved it! I actually stopped plowing with my 2003 Dodge diesel with a Blizzard 810 power plow because it was faster with the Bobcat and the Artic Sectional plow than to use the truck, and I really like my Blizzard plows. I liked the Sectional plow on the bobcat so much I bought a 1988 Case w 14b loader and we are ordering the 14' section plow for it! They work like a dream. come on snow!! I'm ready to play. :)

13. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

I have 2 (10' and a 8')

I have used them for about 3 seasons and with great experience!

The one issue I have found is that you need to have replacement rubber supports on hand incase the break. We have had repeated breaks on my 10'er but likely due to our cutting edges being worn down (ready for replacement this season). Once your cutting edges wear, the angles change between the mounting frame to the sectional blades plus the need to "toe forward" to keep the cutting edges scraping. It sounds like a problem, but really, these plows have truly been great!

The one thing that you will realize is that due to the sectional/floating blades, your lots will never be as clean when using an Arctic pusher.

Joe

14. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You lost me Joe.

15. ChicagoSnow

I meant to say that these pushers clean beautifully!

Unlike a 8'+ steel edge plow or pusher, these arctic pushers clean all of the high's and lows of most parking lots.

Let me know if you have any questions in regard to these pushers. I will do my best to help!

Joe

16. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I get it now. Thanks

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds good, that's the main reason why I bought them.

18. ChicagoSnow

I'm sure you realize this benefit also, but the nice feature of these pushers are the hinged side plates. We can pile cleanly against/through/above all curbing.

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Actually already have 14 pushers with hinged end plates. I would never go back to solid end plates.

20. ChicagoSnow

Can I ask what manufacturer (besides Arctic) makes pushers with hinged end plates?