1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Artic Pushers First Snow

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by JD Dave, Dec 9, 2008.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

All I can say is these blades are better then expected. They scrape like no other blade and they push really easy. The snow roll is incredible, I wish I had of bought bigger blades but these will do for now. These are the LD 12 and 14 ft. We plow an 8 acre gravel lot and it is a PITA with any other blade, the Arctic just goes over it like nothing while scraping incredibly clean. Just remember if you buy an Arctic, say you saw it on JD Dave's tractor on Plowsite. LOL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't let Arctic know you were to happy with them or they won't give you a deal! Is that your dad waiting in the salt truck?

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

NICE!!!!

I love the zoom in on the manhole cover, LOL

That blade/pusher is pretty damn nice Dave!

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks Doug. GV that's the truck I was driving, my dad drives another one.:D

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

that thing does a sick job:salute:

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I wish I could have ran it longer but the operator showed up.

7. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

Great videos. That thing does a great job. That new Deere Tractor is kinda too nice and expensive to have out plowing snow isn't it?

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's what it was bought for.

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks great jd!

10. A Man

A Man Senior Member

Great to see they are working well for you. I agree you should have got bigger ones, come to think of it, you might as well just trade them for a case of beer and handshake this spring, I know a guy............:drinkup:

11. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Very impressive Dave! :cool:

12. plowinli

plowinli Member

I like how they work, you've got some great equipment. I have been looking to get a new box, and have been interested in the artic, would you recomend them? I currently box has a rubber edge with no trip and I don't want to waste any more $ on something that is not going to get the job done.

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'd recomend them but we've only used them one storm, time will tell but I'm very optimistic.

14. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I agree. I would love to see a skid steer using a 8'. The rubber edge on the the pushers leaves a good amount of residual that has to be salted off. Love to see if a sectional can do a cleaner job. I bought my salt truck from these guys and they swear by these pushers.

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

All our pushers are steel trip and you can't even begin to compare with a rubber edge for scaping ability.

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

It's good to see they worked out well for you. It's always a crap shoot with something new. Time will tell but they look great.

17. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Looks good FarmBoy.

18. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I looked at their web site/sales pitch and was fairly impressed. I'm not sure if you've had enough time to tell but I am wondering if the individual edges will wear at he corners creating small gaps at the contact point of the cutting edges. Obviously this may lead to small trailings. I would also like to know what it costs to pruchase and if there are any options that you would recommend. What is your opinion of the over all construction?

19. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

I can say the upfront purchase is the hard part for them. They are more complex so they should cost more than others and they do. From what I have priced out they are about and sometimes double the cost than something like avalanche depending on what size you buy. They do look very impressive though. It all depends on how much snow you get a year and how much money you want to put down to gamble with mother nature.

20. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I was just watching your video and it looks as though it works very well. You seem to be using large tractors to push snow with (20k# +). For these machines it seems as though the pushers are not very tall. What reasons did you have for choosing this height? Are taller versions available? It looks as though your snow fall in this video is about 4'. Height appears to be fine for this but what if you had 8 to 12 inches to push? Would snow spill over the back? I do not have nor have I used a pusher before (am currently considering one for my backhoe/loader) so I am respectfully asking for your input.