1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Artic plows, good or bad

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by zippi, Oct 12, 2003.

1. zippi

zippi Banned

Any in-put on these. Going to put plows on all trucks. Sold the meyer. The artic line looks realy built.
  2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Arctic plows are a well built product. Theres no dealers around my area but there is a Chevy dealer that had a few upfitted with them before delivery that they had forsale on the lot. Their design is a cross between a Meyer and a Western. That is the best way I can describe it. I don't know of many members that are on this site currently who run Arctic's.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

They are a good strong product.Very similar to a Western.We have a lot of them around here.Just make sure you have good dealer support in your area.
  4. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

They had a booth at the symposium, and we were impressed with the construction. They looked to be very sturdy and well-built. Their wings also looked very strong. We don't have any experience with them, just liked what we saw there. We may be looking into buying some wings from them.
  5. customers_snow

customers_snow Member
    from 48843

Used one last year for first time on a 2003, 3/4 ton Silverado. I was very happy with the performance. With sides on, used as a containment plow just a like snow pusher, made cleanup a breeze. Only problem was, unit did not sit flat, and skid plates wore out prematurely. Don't know if it was the way it was installed, a flaw in the unit, or the unit was incompatibale with the truck in some way. My mechanic seems to feel that we need taller tires than standard tires on Silverado's. We are checking into it. I just bought another Silverado and would like to buy another Arctic plow. I was that happy with it. Just need to work out problem with skid plates.