1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

artic bucket mount

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by Do It All Do It Right, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

does anybody have pics of there bucket mount sectional hookups. I am curious of were to put the d hooks inside the bucket.

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

You want the d hooks directly in line or as close as you can with the rings on the coupler. Originally I started with one in the center which worked ok, but it puts some side presure on the coupler which adds friction to the slip hitch, mine still aren't perfectly in line but are only off a couple inches. I have 5 d rings welded in because I had the one I put in come loose (I'm not a great welder though), so I had one of my guts do these ones. One at each end, one center, one I believe 12 or 16 off center, just in case one comes loose I have other options.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

My first "dealer" told me I was ok to have one d ring inside the bucket....nope caused alot of binding with the slip hitch......

I was told from a second "dealer" to weld them directly behind the forks and up at about a 30 degree angle from the forks inside the bucket. No problems with this set up.

HIH