1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Armor All removal

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Quality SR, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone know what removes Armor All from a dash with out removing the finish? I am trying to stick Velcro to it but it wont stick. I was going to lightly sand it down, but i wanted to see if there was something to remove it first. That will be my last option. Thanks Rich

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

See what happens when you keep your truck clean! Try some Windex .

3. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

Denatured Alcohol and a cotton rag should do the trick nicely.

4. Quality SR

I know tell me about it, i didnt think i would have to stick something to it .lol

5. Quality SR

I am going to try that. Thanks for the info

6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

or dish soap and water, adheasive and tar remover, theres a few things that will do it.

7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Grandview has so much Tim's coffee splashed on the dash any thing will stick to it!:p:D:drinkup:

8. Quality SR

I am worried about taking the finish off you know. I am going to try the alcohol first and see if that works. I was thinking of Goo Gone.

9. Quality SR

LMAO that is funny. My van us to be like that, between the coffee and the dust from the cigarettes it was horrible. I dont smoke in this truck at all, and i keep it nice and clean. It is at the car wash almost 1 a week.

10. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

What about Fantastik, that's supposed to cut grease, armor all is kind of a protective grease. I don't think it would or should hurt your dash.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I use rubbing alcohol. Boss sends it with there wiring harnesses so you can stick the plow/truck switch to the dash. Just used rubbing alcohol on my dads also. So I know it will work. DON'T SAND IT!

12. Quality SR

Thanks for letting me know that. Thats what i am going to use. I bought the plow used so i didnt know that. Thanks

13. Quality SR

The rubbing alcohol worked thanks for the info. I was going to use the sanding as the last thing. Just a very fine paper and just a little bit.