1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arizona truck w/ emmissions equip

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by hatchetman, Nov 20, 2010.

1. hatchetman

hatchetman Junior Member

Looking at an Arizona 2002 f350 7.3 auto to bring to the midwest for plowing. The Carfax report states it has passed all emissions tests. The question is whether there is special equipment installed on a truck like this; if so what effects if any could I expect and would it be a good idea to remove the equip. It was purchased in Arizona and has always been registered in that state. One of my friends said to expect frequent check engine lites.
    Thanks for any input.
    The hatchetman

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

As far as I know, Arizona doesn't have any more stringent emissions requirements that California. Here in New York State where I live, we also have the same emissions requirments as CA. We have a number of 7.3's in our fleet that all carry NYS mandated emissions equipment. We don't see "frequent CELs" on our trucks and I doubt you will either. Remember, emissions equipment must be engineered to last 100,000 miles in most cases. So it doen't matter where the truck was sold, the stuff has to last. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, think of how little rust the truck will have!

3. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

In 2002 California was the only state to have ******** emissions requirements above and beyond the federal emissions requirements. As long as they meet federal requirements you are OK. Truthfully you are probably OK with whatever is on there anyhow.