1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ariens Thrower Question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mayhem, Jun 8, 2009.

1. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Got myself an older Ariens 824 for free late last winter. Took it to my small engine guy and he got it running for nothing...used it briefly on a pile before the snow menlted on me and it worked so much better than the 28" craftsman I borrowed mid winter...I credit the solid steel construction in part, the Ariens is a good 50% heavier than the craftsman so it seems to dig in better.

Its probably circa mid to late 80's vintage...the only plastic is the fuel tank, everything else is steel. No headlight, but it does have an electric start so presumably I could tie in a light if I wanted to. How though?

Anyways, the other day I noticed a sticker on the side indicating there might be summer attachemnts that can be used...anyone every use things liek this? What might be available? I'm guessing things like a brush hog and a tiller attachemnt maybe, but are there a multitude of options to me that I might take advantgae of? I sure could use a bigger finish mower than my 21" walk behind for example.

Thanks.