1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ariens sts 1336 blower fs

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Bookem, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Bookem

Bookem Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have low hrs on this machine,everything works fine,I just don;t use it anymore and I need to get it sold. New units like this sell for around $3200--$3400 will take $2000.

I can be reached at 515-297-1445 for any questions

snowblower 1.JPG

snowblower 2.JPG

snowblower 3.JPG

snowblower 4.JPG

2. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Really, I have the same blower and I only paid $2000 new. They are kick a** blowers though.

3. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

you sure the blower you paid $2000 for is the same? you may have bought the home depot budget model for that price. a lot of people get confused but ariens makes 2 completely different machines. the ones sold in box stores have an aluminum gearbox and a weak drivetrain/transmission. the ones you buy at power equipment dealers are much more professional grade and a lot better built. still at that price you may be a little high because people do not know what there buying

4. Diesel59

Diesel59 Junior Member

Yeah... Everyone gets confused with the Home dumpo models.

This model is a 36" with a 13Hp Tecumseh snow king engine. It features 12 volt electric start which IMO is the best for "Commercial" use because with a 120V you have to carry around the cord and find an outlet. It also has a Cast Iron gear box which is the way things used to be made way back in the day and now is reserved for "Professional" units.

Judging by the stickers I would estimate it being a 2005-2007 Unit. Looks to have very little use judging by the discharge chute wear. You could pick up a brand new one of these machines for $3400 - $3600.

So yes $2000 is a fair price on something this age/size/condition.

If you didn't live in Iowa.... I would be interested in purchasing it. I actually buy and sell used snow blowers and I do residential snow removal. So it would have been a win/win for me :)

5. Bookem

Bookem Junior Member
    from Iowa

Yea this is not one of those Homedumpo models, it's one heck of a blower but just don't need one this big anymore, since I now have a 4-wheeler and a skidsteer to do most of my snow removal, and when I get this thing sold I am going to finish my snowblower project for my skidsteer. I wish you lived closer too.

6. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Yes mine is the same as you are showing in the picture. An ST1336 professional. I know the differences thank you. Maybe I just really got a great deal. I have had this thing for about 10 years now and still going strong. Did not mean to rain on your thread.

7. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

So you paid 2k for it 10 years ago and you think that is relative to selling one in like new condition now? Not really relative when you think about it.

8. Bookem

Bookem Junior Member
    from Iowa

I paid $2650 for this new in 04 and used it for a short 2 years, 10-15 hrs on it maybe. This is to good of a unit to be sitting idle. There has to be somebody out there that can use this, If somebody will give me $1900 I'll let it go. That's a heck of a good deal for a good machine.