1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ariens snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Greenery, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Anyone have any experience with ariens single stage blowers speifically the 522?

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Ariens is a good brand. I have a 2 stage. They last forever, at least the ones I've had

3. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

I just picked up a brand new toro powermax 1128 and a ariens pro 32 last week and just looking at the two and how there made the ariens is made way tougher then the toro.

4. Tikitak

Tikitak Junior Member

When I bought my 24" deluxe recently the dealer had a 28 year old Ariens trade-in on on his showroom floor, still in working condition. This scared me because I now think my snow blower has a good chance of outliving me...:dizzy:

5. Two Seasons

Two Seasons Junior Member

We own the Ariens 722 single stage. Plenty of power for dry snow, doesn't do so good in the really wet stuff though.

Contractors around here use the 722. More power and you can never get enough power IMHO.

For the wet stuff, we use our other Ariens 2-stage blowers.

6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

We have a 522. Like Two Seasons said great in powder, not the best in heavy snow.

7. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

Yep, I have 5, 522's they are great they will blow snow like a mad man. We had 4-5 inch wet heavy snow last week and it shot it 15 to 20 foot with no problem

8. The Big Push

The Big Push Junior Member
    from Ontario

I've got Ariens and Toro. The Ariens seems like it has tougher plastic, 1 or 2 inches wider (can't remember) and an extra horse. 100 bucks cheaper to boot. Been running great. Next time it's another Ariens hands down!

9. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Great thanks guys I think I'm going to give the 722 a try.