1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ariens Sno-Tek leaking gas?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by crazyskier537, Jan 2, 2011.

1. crazyskier537

crazyskier537 Senior Member
    from NE IL

:realmad:

Sorry for starting a new thread, but...

Today while changing the oil on my Ariens Sno Tek, I noticed something dripping out near the choke/ prime/ key slot assembly, it was gasoline. I hopped under it, and primed it a couple times, and it started leaking again (only a couple drops). I need to get this fixed asap, because all my other blowers are... well.... not working at the moment (one doesn't even have an engine hehe). Do yall have any idea about what this can be? I know there could be hundreds of spots from where the fuel is leaking, but it looks like it coming from the top part of the carb (well at least I hope thats the carb:D) and dripping onto the ground of various cables and even dripping onto the hot of the alternator. I'm afraid to start it for fear of the fuel catching fire. What should I do? I'm tempted to take it to a shop, but am scared of the cost and time required. I have 3 very long driveways, and 2 short ones to do when it snows, so I need help!

Thanks for your time,
    Tim

2. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

Check with your ariens dealer. I know they had an issue with them a couple years ago, they had a recall on the primer bulb and something else that would leak fuel. How old is your blower?

3. crazyskier537

from NE IL

2009 when they were first introduced

4. Frozen

Frozen Junior Member
    from usa

Re: Gas Leak

Have you found resolution to this issue?

5. crazyskier537

from NE IL

Nope. I'm just going to roll with it I guess... I moved some of the wires out of the way, so if it does leak, nothing shorts. Do you have a similair problem? I think they are great blowers other than the cheaply made transfer case in the auger. Haha that was kinda randompurplebou

Tim

6. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

I'm not sure how old mine is I think it is an 08 or 07. So maybe this is a different problem. Can you tell were the gas is leaking from?

7. crazyskier537

from NE IL

I can't tell because of all the stuff inside of the "panel".

Was yours leaking?

8. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

Mine leaked when you primed it, that's what the recall was for.

9. crazyskier537

from NE IL

Wait, I thought the recall was for like 1998 ariens blowers? I googled ariens recall and nothing new came up? Mine leaks when I prime it and hell if I can get it fixed for free, why not?

Can you give me some info if you know any about the recall?