1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ariens Single Stage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shooterm, Jan 30, 2016.

1. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I'm looking to get a a 21" single stage. Originally I wanted a Toro 721R but noticed Ariens runs a Path Pro 208R now. Has anyone used these before? They compare in every way on specs and price. Thanks for any input.
  2. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction Senior Member

The Toro machines have proven reliable over the years. I don't know anyone running a single stage Ariens.
  3. dycproperties

dycproperties Member

We have a couple of them this is thier second season and they have held up and preformed really well

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i have a 208 cc aliens path pro. i have no complaints about it so far.
  5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Aliens Path Pro...:D:alien:
  6. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I just got back from shopping just bought a HS 720 for the back off my truck. I went with Honda because the manual chute is actually not just plastic junk and has accessible chute adjuster . The engine is the same as my 21" mower so parts mainly recoil swap back and forth. Also the most critical part to the purchase is for some reason I'm lifting it easier then the toro 721. I think the weight is more distributed height wise then width with the crossbar lower and front body assembly higher. I was able to put them side by side to compare them. I'll try to kill it during next weeks snowmania and give some feedback on it.
  7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

This is the 2nd or 3rd post today about plastic chute's.
    The Honda's Paddles are supported by a steel frame which gives great support when the snow is heavy with a layer of slush under it. The paddles are also 3 individual pieces so you can just replace a section if needed. The Toto's and Aliens paddles have a lot of "give/flex" to them and they don't throw heavy snow as far as the Honda's design.
  8. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Sounds like a online case of hysteria over single stage blowers :). Honestly though I went to pick up a Toro and seen the Honda next to it so had of course check it out. The chute and just being able to pick it up easier made me buy. I don't usually hip pocket buy things either.
  9. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

Have both new Honda and new toro 721 both are good on deep powder but Honda throws heavier snow farther and doesnt clog as easy
  10. grasskeepers

grasskeepers Member

My Toros never died, sold them to friends after 3 years of heavy use and there still going. I have ariens products and can't say the same about them