1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ariens or Honda 520

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bossplower, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

I was looking at the Honda 520 and the ariens 722 ec does anyone own these ? Which one do ya'll like the best?
  2. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

I have the honda 520 and love it. takes reg gas, and is a bear. Mine just started it's 4th season of hard work and has been flawless other than a few minor repairs from my guys abuse.

Other than a few oil changes, new paddles this year, it has only cost me the gas it takes to run.

From what I've read around these boards, Ariens, Honda, Toro, all make good machines. Don't think you could go wrong with either one of them.
  3. pml1

pml1 Junior Member

I have 3 honda Hydro stats that are 5 years old, other than a couple of augers and abuse repairs from the guys pounding on the the Honda I would say is the best.

Happy plowing

4. ravmazda

ravmazda Junior Member
    from PA

I just bought a Honda 520 and recently used it during our first storm in Pittsburgh, PA area. Very nice machine and glad I decided on the Honda. Can't speak for reliablity since I just got it, but Honda products are usually pretty good. Mine has electric start, but it really does start on first pull anyway.
  5. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

Thanks for the quick responses . Does anyone have the 722ec Ariens or the 522 Ariens ? the 7 hp. for $599 seems like a good deal if they are any good. If not the Honda 520 sounds good.
  6. ravmazda

ravmazda Junior Member
    from PA

The Ariens single stage look very similar to the Honda 520. The Ariens is a little less expensive, but it has a 2-cycle engine vs. no mixing oil/gas with the Honda.

Note: I have the Honda and no direct experience with the Ariens.