1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ariens Blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigjoe871, Feb 21, 2006.

1. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Thinking about an Ariens 926PRO blower. Anyone use this? Any input.

Have a small school with lots of sidewalk (Only 4"wide) and several small lawyers offices that have short walks (50-75').
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

You could use a spoon:D
  3. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Yeah, I wish the sidewalks were a bit wider, then I could just get a smaller truck and plow and blst right through...but they're not so I have to get out and do it.
  4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

dont overlook the toros.... CR2450 i think or the CR3650. nice small single stage.
  5. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

I have a single stage already (Don't remember the model number though). Need to replace an 8HP that will remain onsite most of the time.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i do a church with 2 miles of side walk. usually we use a quad with a u edge on the blade. in the last storm it was to deep and heavey we used a 10 hp 26 blower took longer but kicked a--

7. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

The 926 Pro is a great machine. It can move a lot snow quickly and with the differential drive is easy to handle. The chute controls were redesigned this year and are comparable to Toro's quick stick. The only thing I've noticed is that the chute has a tendency to bounce back when rotated fully in either direction. The trick I use is to tilt the machine back a little before rotating the chute. Other than that it's a solid machine.
  8. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Bob, a slight adjustment on the chute cable should resolve that issue. Mine did it too in the beginning. I actually had that cable snap because of poor routing from the factory. As the chute turned it bent the one cable against the other. Check your routing. Another point...The little loop attached to the housing under the throttle control should be reversed so it is below the bolt holding it in, otherwise (if held above the bolt) that cable will scrape off the insulation as it rubs against the ground spade. This will cause an intermittent shut down. Mine is the 926LE but I am assuming the controls mentioned are the same. I wish I had bought the differential equipped one. I bought it this year but haven't had enough snow to pu it to the test. Each snow we have had save one has been handled by a power broom. Sad, to say the least.
  9. Sybran

Sybran Junior Member

we run 3-4 of the ariens blowers we have a 1332, 11528, and a 1132 most people in my area run these machine and they are great. If you grease and change oil regularly they will last forever. I have a 828 deere that was made by ariens thats in its 6th season and still going strong. This machine has done 25 -35 resdiential customers per snowfall and here in the canadian snow belts thats around 30 snowfalls per yr.
  10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

My dad bought the Ariens I have today back in 1974 . Great machine!
  11. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I have seven blowers and three of them are Ariens. There is no doubt that they are a much "beefier" machine than most of their competition. No cheap plastic, bigger wheels and tires, just all around heavier duty. I have the 8526's and they are twice the machines my MTD 8/26's are. You really do get what you pay for. :nod:
  12. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

WOW!! No one has anything bad? Guess I'm going to pick it up tomorrow!!!

Thanks Guys
  13. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

American Made! Could be why. They have always had decent equipment in my eyes. When you register the warranty you'll get a nice e-mail from the owners that shows their pride in what they make. I thought that was a nice touch.
  14. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

very good very tough well built machine. More expensive but worth it!
  15. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

Thanks for the tips streetsurfin'. I'll check it out this weekend.
  16. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I assume you mean 4', not 4" wide, right?:dizzy:
  17. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Yup, I meant 4' wide sidewalks...

If they were 4" even I could figure it out.