1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ariens 926LE Snowblower engine help.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Poorboys, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Poorboys

Poorboys Junior Member

Hello guys, I'm a new comer to the snow removal business. I currently work for my township as a mechanic/ everything guy. So I'm use to snow work. This year I bought a lot of landscape equipment and I got this snow blower that I thought was good. Problem is there a hole in the block. It got a tecumseh engine on it. I couldn't find a model number or anything on it and need to dig it out of the corner and look again. I'm looking for a short block if I can find out what engine on it. Or I was thinking of just putting another engine on it. What do you guys run on your blowers? I have next to nothing into it, after selling of the other stuff I bought.

Looking to hear what u guys use on yours? Also any engine and models would be great. I can try to get pictures over the weekend.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Size? What's the hp. Etc...

3. Poorboys

Poorboys Junior Member

That my problem. I can't tell any of that with out a tag or something off the engine. I'll see what I can come up with over the weekend.

4. motormouse172

motormouse172 Member
    from usa

Put a B&S snow engine on it. there are no longer Tecumseh engines available. All you need is the crankshaft size(diameter) to order.