1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ariens 624e won't start

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by goodgreen, Dec 16, 2007.

1. goodgreen

goodgreen Junior Member

Very frustrating - I just do some snowblowing in the winter months for small to medium drives. Just bought a new Ariens 624E snowblowing that has been working fine. But it would not start at all today. Had to do a couple of drives by hand (1st time in 8 years)!! Even tried the electric start and it wouldn't even turn over. Thought maybe it was just flooded, but I let it sit a couple of hours and it's still dead. Any ideas??

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Does the unit fire? If so, you have carb issues (or other fuel supply problems). If it's not firing then you most likely don't have spark and need to look at the ignition coil.

Don't know what else to say without looking at it.

3. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

If Its New Take It Back...

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i usually carry a can of starting fluid . sometime it helps with a frozen or flooded carb.
    have you checked the plug to see if its wet?

JR

5. goodgreen

goodgreen Junior Member

Well this is interesting - finally took it back to the dealer who sold it to me. I bought it from a lawn dealership for good service. He discovered the problem was using gasahol. And sure enough, it says something about that in the manual. Caused some real problems with rubber and valves in the brand new unit.

6. plower13

plower13 Junior Member

besides the starting issue u had how do u like the unit?does it push the snow good?

7. goodgreen

goodgreen Junior Member

Yes, I've had no problem with the operation of the unit. The intake is a bit small but it really kicks snow a long ways.