1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ariens 36" hydrostatic drive, anyone use one yet???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MattM, Dec 10, 2012.

1. MattM

MattM Junior Member

Greetings all,

I presently have an Ariens ST1236, that is approximately 16 years old, but is in excellent shape except for the engine. I'm getting the engine fixed but I started looking at new Ariens hydrostatic machines. It seems they have made a number of improvements to enhance productivity.

When compared to my current machine the improvements are: 1. Dual belts to drive the impeller / auger. 2. Serrated cutting edge auger, 3. Posi-track drive axle, 4. Hydrostatic drive.

Has anyone used one of these hydrostatic units yet and if so what did you think??? I'm on the fence whether to get one. A new one is going to cost roughly $3200 and I think I should be able to get $1200 to $1400 for my current blower.

Thanks
    Matt

2. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Slightly different direction, but If I was going to pony up $3200 for another walk behind unit, I'd take a serious look at a 36" rotary broom.