1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ariens 1973 snowblower

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jaconwall, Dec 3, 2009.

1. jaconwall

jaconwall Junior Member

Just picked up a rebuilt '73 the other day. The only strange thing was the guy I bought it from did not have a spark plug boot - he just had the wire connected, and then had a grounding "Kill" bar attached, and he would use his boot to step down on the bar, hit the plug and ground it to kill the engine.

I don't like that idea, so I put a boot on, but there is no way to kill the engine unless I take off the plug, or choke the engine out.

I read online that these machines had a red safety key, but I don't have one for my machine, and Looking for some help on how I can fix this issue.

Any help would be great!

2. Dodge2

Dodge2 Member
    from ottawa

I have that on a old lawnmower I use( 1963 still works great), their not a problem, and were standared practice at the time.