1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arghhh! bent the plate inside the resevior. Do i need a new one???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mrwolf, Nov 10, 2012.

1. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

OK, So I was putting a new resevior to pump seal in and cleaning everything out. somehow I forgot to take the breather cap on top of the resevior back off.It was kinda hard to get the resevior off so I did not think much abut it. I bent the circular plate that the pickup tubes go through. Do I need to get a new one or can I just bend it back by hand? Does not really seem to create any typ of seal just helps support the pickup tubes I guess? I really want to get this back together and done.

Thoughts?

Z

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  2. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Reason I ask is the plate is not even shown on the parts diagram I found.

Z

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Simply straighten it back out. Not a big deal. You won't forget the next time. :D

4. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Thank you for the quick response! I am just gonna straighten it best I can by hand!

If anybody else is reading how the heck do you get a boss angle cylinder to collapse when unhooked??? I think I got a hernia!

Z

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most rams need a little persuasion so a soft blow hammer or a wooden block and a hammer are usually needed.

6. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

B&B your are underpaid! Where do you hale from? I will have to buy you a be...soda if I am ever in your area!!!

:)