1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Areas With Reliable Yearly Snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RONK, Feb 9, 2008.

1. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

What areas have reliable yearly snow,enough that you can depend on it to make a living?NJ isn't one of those places.

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Out in the Rockie mountains. A bunch of us are dealing with the lack of snow. Just find something else to keep you busy is all.

3. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Interior Maine, Upstate NY snowbelt, U.P. Michigan, etc, etc.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

No such thing as reliable snow. Even up here, we were crying the blues the last two winters. This one is turning out good. Probably the best I've heard of is Denver or Truckee.

5. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

We've done pretty well this winter in VT, I believe somewhere around 80+", and another 4-8 coming tonight into tomorrow.

6. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I'm in Zip code 13850 PA/NY boarder we only has 2 plowable events

7. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

Northern mountain or lake effect areas ?? You can look up the historical for an area on NOAA. Here in North Central Kansas going back to the early 1900's there has been winters with a total of .7"(go broke) up to around 40"(buy new Hummer). Our average is about 22", it's a real crapshoot.