1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are you Really ready???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Dogbonz, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

So here I sit looking at the radar be4 bed payup ,,, after This day.

Thought, better get plow on today, for big snow on Friday,, clean out cab,, set up some bagged salt for ballast, get gloves, shovels, battery's for flash lights,, ect. all ready.Now mind you my relay got replaced 5 weeks ago, and a test run of the system be4 I submitted a few bids. All went well, unhooked plow set off to side, till today.
    Go out 2 mins to hook up,, hit the switches,, NOTHING!!:realmad:
    What the #%^@???? :realmad: Old truck, old plow, oh great! So
    After checking every elc connection, on plow,, I figured it out,,, DUH!!! Solenoid!!! Off to TSC to get it, get home put it in! BA Da BING! She's Alive!!!!

Heres My forecast: http://www.weather.com/weather/local/48849?lswe=48849&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&from=whatwhere

Wow was I getting freaked,,, big snow coming and people calling me today to get on my list! As i'm working on it, I'm taking calls! payup It sure was nice to have my biz card size ad running as the storm gets here!!!

Lesson learn:
    1) you may Think your ready, But are you?
    2) Oh well, every thing got a good going over.
    3) 12Volt test light is a great tool! =)
  2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

yeah i decided id change my shocks before the big storm, well after having to blow them off with the torch because the bolts were seized in the sleeve of the shock and a couple trips to the hardware store for replacement bolts i go to put my new shock on.........the guy at the store gave me the wrong shocks!!!

so i quit at 8:00pm and cant finish until the parts store opens back up in the morning:realmad:
  3. rollnthunder

rollnthunder Junior Member

It could be worse.Some lady crossed the center line a couple of days ago and hit my truck(she was only going 20 or so) but she was in a F250 as well.So anyways im without my truck since its in the shop.This sucks If it wasnt for bad luck i wouldnt have any....lol
  4. jbone

jbone Senior Member

Am I ready???

Im ready to go tanning I guess, maybe go to the beach, or hop in the pool. Im sitting here with 64* temps at midnight in southern NY:mad:
  5. rollnthunder

rollnthunder Junior Member

I guess your as ready and you could be LOL...Its raining and has gotten cold here so enjoy the last of the 64 degrees.
  6. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

Get ready for lots of snow they say!!! Ahhh Bull&%*$! I wish i had a job that I could guess at and be wrong most of the time,, and still get paid!:angry:
    We were to get 6 to 8 of snow and only got 1.5 in oc slush and 1 in snow on top of that!
    Busted my hump to get truck ready, and boo hoo for me. Fine I'll take it back off and wait till its deep enough to plow then put her back on!
  7. rush

rush Member

Well, In my case they were wrong too... They said we would get 10-12 inches and we had 14 inches!! dumped on us between 3AM and 1PM
  8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I am definitly ready for winter time. Mother nature on the other hand, well she still thinks we are in summer......shes not ready.......
  9. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

That sortof happened to me last year on the night of the first event. Trucks ready, get 2-3 inches still snowing out to the truck at 2 in the morning fire it up defroster on high...makin coffe....go out to leave and raise the blade and Nothin...My heart rate went to like 150 immediately. :eek:

Checked all the usual suspects ....nothin. Jacked the plow up, rechained it called my guy I just signed a sub contract for and said Im out of the game...junk plow. Driving into town/10 miles and was gonna see if any of the salt places could help, maybe drive all the way to angelos but I understand they dont have a guy on duty....just salesmen butmaybe they could help.

Hit the button as Im going down the road and the plow moved!

I was like Yeah! Pulled into a self serve car wash, got out the jack, rechained and never had one issue the rest of the year or since.
  10. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

good thing u fixed it...

thought i was ready drivin down the road when my trans went yesterday...gonna spend this week fixin prob...might just say fu(k it and go buy new truck and fix that when i can....lol...who knows