1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are you ready??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MSS Mow, Nov 14, 2009.

Are you ready to plow snow right now?

1. Yes, 100% ready!!

49 vote(s)
  2. No, not even close.

32 vote(s)
  3. No, but I could manage if it snowed tonight.

78 vote(s)
  1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I know a few of you have already had some snow, but for the remainder of the world.....Are you ready? Basically, do you have all your equipment serviced, sanders on, plows out and ready, employees/subs lined up, etc.?????? Are you ready if it snowed a big storm tonight? Ignore the fact of whether or not all contracts have been signed up yet or not, I'm just curious if everyone has their "house" in order.
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lol, i guess i am the first to vote, anways, for the most part i am ready, but i have two new snow pushes i have to finish and paint, before i can say i am ready, also went to start up my one tractor the other day and it has some blow by on the valves, and i have a skidsteer that is still blowing fusses on the light circuit, other then that, i am good to go.
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If it snowed tonight all I would have to do is put the plow on my truck. My ATV is not eaven close to ready, I have none of my winter acseries on it yet and my plow is in my storage building behind my tractor.
  4. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

Spreader is ready to go, just put the plow on and grease everything, should be no more then 30 min.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Been ready for a month and a half...

Getting 6-12" Tonight.
  6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We are still getting trucks and salters ready, pushers and machines are good to go, just need to be moved to sites. Sattelite salt bins going in this coming week. We are still in operation for hardscapes, small plantings and leaf clean ups, we have 2 trucks with salters ready now just in case, plows were hung and run, so they mount up in a couple minutes. We won't set up the other salters until we're finished with other operations for the year and then they'll be in the trucks til spring..............Funny you posted this today, we are having our "snow day" today. We reviewed admin/paperwork/prelim routes this morning, we have plow and salter training this afternoon.
  7. mercer_me

Just put all winter acseries on my ATV and I got my plow out and it's all ready to go.
  8. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

I still have to buy another plow and tires for other truck ....
    If it did snow I'd do what has to be done....PLOW....
  9. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

been ready since the last snow fall!!
  10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'm ready all year ,never know when a July snow storm will come in!
  11. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Just started working on truck today... rewiring/priming/cleaning/painting Tomarrow work on getting plow out and adjust sander... Maybe have it all ready by next week end........
  12. me!

me! Member

I spent all day today working on snow equipment and have a total of 0 of the 4 trucks ready. Worst case i could make it work in a good 10 hours, but it will take till thanksgiving weekend till its ready the right way.
  13. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Been ready for a while, just need snow!
  14. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i have about half the trucks ready, still doing fall cleanups, so can't get the salter and box ready on the dump till done hauling leaves, but have changed all the fluids out and greased them all up, still have to put some markers on some accts too, and do the drive thru with the guys, don't have all contracts in yet.
  15. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Ive gotta replace a cutting edge, maybe do some touch up painting on the skisteer and decide whether or not im gonna by a new/used jd 5325 tractor or 5425. Then ive got to put markers in on my last parking lot and im ready. But i would still manage if it snowed tonight.
  16. ottawa-ottawa

ottawa-ottawa Member
    from Ottawa

Im ready ,, blowers are on the tractors, Showels have been bought, Load of backup equipment on hands, WOOHOO !
  17. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Here it is the middle of November and only a 1/3 of us are completely ready. I guess I'm not the only procrastinator out there. lol
  18. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

2/3 snow blowers are ready (one needs a carb cleaning).
    1 plow is ready (still need to pick up number 2).
    Haven't tried the truck spreader yet.
    Sidewalk spreader is good.
    Haven't gotten my salt yet (have 1/2 pallet from last year left over lol).

So, uhhhhh. I could plow, but not salt much ha. I should be all ready sometime next week.
  19. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

gezzz, I just cut my lawn today! I doubt we'll get any snow for awhile. I have a ATV spreader I have to assemble and a power angle to install on my ATV before I'm ready. Shouldn't take but a few hours. If I knew it was going to snow in the next few days I could be ready no problem but right now, it's still in the 60's around here. :dizzy:
  20. mercer_me

The last time I had to mow my lawn was on October 5. It hasn't hit 60 hear in a long time.